The following table provides the tuition and fees, plus an estimate of the cost of living and other expenses a full-time student is expected to incur per year.
2021-2022 Academic Year
|Meals||Lunch||Breakfast, lunch, dinner||Lunch|
|Boarding||--||Included||Host family and meal plan $8000-$11,000|
What Northern's Tuition Pays For
- Online or onsite instruction Monday through Saturday
- Onsite day school lunch Monday through Friday
- Full enrollment in the academic track or one of the arts tracks
- Two periods or more of arts and academic enrichment programs after school:
- Dance track: Dance rehearsals and production of dance related programs.
- Music track: Music studio and exam jury fee. Music students are responsible for their own instrument purchase/rental, maintenance, and private lessons (should they wish to do so).
- Fine Arts track: Art studio, basic studio equipment, art museum excursions.
- Academic track: Science and math classes including robotics, the award-winning Northern Horizon science projects, and competitions; news making and extracurricular enrichment programs.
- A general arts program is offered by the music, dance and fine arts departments to students who are not enrolled in these tracks. The cost includes student activities and services.
- Technology, health, utilities, facilities, classroom materials, and administrative fees.
- As students approach senior year, tuition fees cover a one-time SAT exam, college planning, gown rentals, and graduation.
- Additional fees may be required for trips, competitions, basic attire and costumes, as decided by each department or track
Other Program-Related Costs
- ESL and Language Support: $5,000
- School Uniform: $350-$450, (direct purchase from LandEnd)
- Standardized Testing Fees (PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP exams): Variable between $45-$200
- College Tour: An optional multi-day, multi-city tour guided by teachers and counselors. The cost is estimated to be $250-$350, which includes the cost of transportation, accommodations and meals.
- International Fee: $2000 (International student services)