We want to help you attend Northern!
We are committed to making Northern an affordable option for parents. To apply for our needs-based and merit-based financial aid, please click HERE.
Northern Academy is known for having passionate teachers who uphold exemplary moral values and are committed to teaching and engaging with students.
As a boarding school, Northern offers classes and activities typically from 7:50 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday as well as half day Saturdays, evening clubs, activities, and tutoring sessions.
The following table provides the tuition and fees, plus an estimate of the cost of living and other expenses a full-time student is expected to incur per year.
2021-2022 Academic Year
|Meals||Lunch||Breakfast, lunch, dinner||Lunch|
|Boarding||--||Included||Host family and meal plan $8000-$11,000|
What Northern's Tuition Pays For
- Online or onsite instruction Monday through Saturday
- Onsite day school lunch Monday through Friday
- Full enrollment in the academic track or one of the arts tracks
- Two periods or more of arts and academic enrichment programs after school:
- Dance track: Dance rehearsals and production of dance related programs.
- Music track: Music studio and exam jury fee. Music students are responsible for their own instrument purchase/rental, maintenance, and private lessons (should they wish to do so).
- Fine Arts track: Art studio, basic studio equipment, art museum excursions.
- Academic track: Science and math classes including robotics, the award-winning World Bridge science projects, and competitions; news making and extracurricular enrichment programs.
- A general arts program is offered by the music, dance and fine arts departments to students who are not enrolled in these tracks. The cost includes student activities and services.
- Technology, health, utilities, facilities, classroom materials, and administrative fees.
- As students approach senior year, tuition fees cover a one-time SAT exam, college planning, gown rentals, and graduation.
- Additional fees may be required for trips, competitions, basic attire and costumes, as decided by each department or track
Other Program-Related Costs
- ESL and Language Support: $5,000
- School Uniform: $350-$450, (direct purchase from LandEnd)
- Standardized Testing Fees (PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP exams): Variable between $45-$200
- College Tour: An optional multi-day, multi-city tour guided by teachers and counselors. The cost is estimated to be $250-$350, which includes the cost of transportation, accommodations and meals.