Our Mission, Core Values, and Profile of Graduates
Our mission is to nurture students to become cultured individuals of exemplary moral character. To this end, we provide an education drawn from the classics and the arts, one steeped in divinely inspired traditional values of the East and West.
Traditional Western and Eastern values provide a moral compass for one’s character development. To this end, Northern Academy of the Arts embraces three principles as guideposts for our progress:
- Integrity: Strengthening the wholeness of our moral compass by being trustworthy and consistent in thought, word, and deed.
- Compassion: Nurturing the innate goodness that arises through our acts of kindness, selflessness, and forgiveness, uplifting us all.
- Resilience: Cultivating the resolve to maintain our courage and diligence in the face of uncertainties, challenges, and setbacks.
Profile of Graduates
Graduates from Northern Academy of the Arts exhibit a high moral character and grace rooted in traditional values and culture. They treasure honesty, compassion, and resilience in the face of adversity. They, moreover, possess the intellectual strength to make rational and informed decisions.
Graduates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Mental Clarity
- Intellectual sincerity
- Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking abilities
- Scholarly habits
- Integration of morality into core identity
- Punctual, reliable, and disciplined self-control
- Accountability to self and others
- Dignity and compassion
- Graceful demeanor
Preparation for Life
- Broad knowledge and practical skills
- Civic Responsibilities
- Self-motivation and autonomy
- Social etiquette and courtesy
- Listening skills and strength of voice
- Leadership skills
- Respect for authority and teamwork
- Creative, adaptable, and resourceful