The distinctive values of Northern Academy shape us today and inform our aspirations for tomorrow. Our school is making a positive impact in local community as well as the world. You can be an important part of that change.
Philanthropy is an integral part of our history and, of course, our future. We ask for your help in continuing this philanthropic tradition so we may better serve the next generation.
A gift to the Northern provides the school with critically needed flexible resources and supports the Academy’s ongoing priorities. These priorities include state-of-the-art facilities, quality faculty, nationally recognized programs, and a strong student body.
There are many ways to make a gift to Northern. A common way is an outright gift which is transferred immediately from you to Northern in the form of cash or credit card, securities, tangible or intangible personal property, or real estate. Another way is through endowments.
Northern Academy of the Arts is a Not-for-Profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Your generous donation is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
Cash (currency, check, credit card, payroll deduction, money order, or bank draft) is the most popular and easiest form of giving and provides an immediate income tax deduction in the year given. To make a cash gift you may:
- Send a check (payable to Northern Academy of the Arts) to:
Northern Academy of the Arts
1 Ashley Ave.
Middletown, NY 10940
- Contact us if you have any questions or want to donate in other ways.
What are the advantages of endowments?
Creating an endowment allows you to fulfill your own personal philanthropic goals while helping support the needs and mission of Northern Academy of the Arts. Endowments may be established for many reasons including to:
- permanently honor a loved one or mentor
- say thank you for an education
- celebrate personal and professional accomplishments
- perpetually support educational excellence at Northern
- assist today’s students to become the leaders of tomorrow
- leave your permanent legacy
Endowments offer you benefits in the form of tax benefits under both state and federal laws. Depending on the type of asset given and the type of gift arrangement selected, it is possible to enjoy current savings on income taxes and gift/estate taxes.
How does Northern Academy of the Arts benefit from endowments?
Endowments allow Northern Academy of the Arts to create and maintain excellence in academics beyond what can be accomplished from state funding. Endowments have been created to:
- support facility development such as named classrooms, centers, or buildings
- support scholarships
- provide faculty teaching and research support such as funds for faculty chairs, distinguished professorships, visiting professorships, or lectureships
- enhance academic or other program support
- assure unrestricted support that provides funds to allow Northern Academy to address new and emerging strategic priorities in the future that may be unanticipated today
What are the types of endowments and their minimum funding levels?
There are many types of endowments starting from $1,000 to $25,000. You may begin your endowment with outright current gifts of cash or assets such as stock or real estate. Then sit back and watch your endowment as it benefits our students, faculty, and programs.